Call for scores 2020
We are inviting composers to submit works for string quartet, clarinet and guitar, flute (with or without fixed electronic), and soprano (with or without fixed electronic). We will accept up to 3 composers based on submissions. The chosen works will receive a premiere in Franche Comte, France during August 24th-31th and be featured as a part of our 2020-2021 concert season in the United States. Composers with works receiving performances in Franche Comte will also be welcome to attend the festival. Housing will be provided for two days prior to the premiere for attending rehearsals and workshops and the day of the premiere.
Deadline: 11:59 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time) June 30, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Open to composers of any age and nationality.
- Works must be composed within the past three years.
- Works must be original by the composer, not arrangements of another composer’s work
- Instrumentation: String quartet, clarinet, and guitar duet, flute solo (with or without fixed electronic), and soprano (with or without fixed electronic).
- Suggested length of each submitted work: under 10 minutes.
- Submissions are due June 30, 2020.
Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact info- Email, phone number
Website (if applicable)
Performance history (if applicable)
YouTube/SoundCloud/Dropbox link to audio/video recording (Midi is acceptable)
Screenshot/email receipt of the PayPal payment of the submission fee of $10
-The selected works will be rehearsed and performed by the resident ensembles in at least one of the three concerts of the festival. (due to COVID-19 pandemic the rehearsal will be handled virtually)
-Besides appearing in the festival promotion and the performance, the composer will receive a high-quality recording of the piece.
-The selected work potentially would be included in the annual album of “Du Vert A L’infini”
Deadline: 11:59 pm PST on June 30, 2020
Entry Fee: $10.00